Wednesday, October 6

Various thoughts on various subjects....

The High Five. Whatever happend to giving high fives? How come people see 'slapping some skin' as being out of style? It used to be all the rage when I was a youth. But now, people think it's silly. For example, in my computer animation course I was taking, the guy sitting next to me would call for high fives all the time. Of course sometimes it wasn't warranted, but usually there was a pretty good reason for this celebratory maneuver. Unfortunately, even when there was a good reason to go up high, people would frown with disapproval.

Star Trek. I saw a commercial for the new episode of Enterprise. There were Nazis and aliens in it. What's up with that? What's happening on this series? If you're reading this Blamb, please give me a quick overview. Thanks.

Minority Government. Some people are predicting the Martin Liberals will be forced to call an election in as little time as one year from now. I think a minority government is the only way to have a system that benefits everyone. Forcing the Liberals to make concessions to each party to get legislature passed sounds like a good thing to me.

Finding a Job. I'm desperate, I've put resumes out everywhere. I'm going to be applying to school boards soon, hopefully I can get some sort of EA position or something. I've sent resumes out to volunteer on a few films as well. I'm going to go to Toronto to get a library card so I can permitee with IATSE, the film union. I'm not sure why they require people to have library cards, but it could be useful I guess.

Internet Dating. My friend Kirk has been trying this with no luck that I know of. I'm not sure why he hasn't been able to find anyone, maybe it's personality, maybe it's a lack of physical attraction. Either way, internet dating seems to be just like any other form of dating. Difficult, annoying, and hell on ones self esteem. I'm glad I've got someone. I'm too old to do the dating thing again.

Hockey. When the hell are those guys going to get on the same page? It shouldn't be about salary caps or money. It should be about having a decent, competitive game. It should be about the fans. Without us, there is no league.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home