Friday, October 22

Hey Fatass!

I saw a headline on Netscape titled People Fatter in China than U.S. The related article is titled Fat in China. I found the Netscape headline to be ridiculously inaccurate. There may be more obese people in China, but their population is more than five times that of the U.S. China's actual obesity rate is like 7% or something, and the rate in the U.S. is like 30%.
That sure doesn't say that people are fatter in China than in the U.S. to me. I hate how the media misleads people.

I read an article today while doing my younger brothers homework. It was an article about Oshawa, written for the Toronto Star. The writer gave a pretty accurate picture of the bleak, worn out, decaying city I live in. She wrote of the violence, rampant alcohol abuse, bad hair cuts, and the sour smell of the city. Of course she neglected to mention the numerous Communities in Bloom nominations, the Fiesta week celebrating multi-culturalism, the number of sports facilities, and public parks. In typical modern media style, she went for the darker, and sometimes more exciting angle of destitution and danger. Rather than the positive sunny side of things. I really don't like this trend of fear mongering for ratings. It's not the way it should be in Canada. Leave that to the Americans.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Free site Free Article Search. It pretty much covers sports article related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

October 5, 2005 at 1:20 p.m.  
Blogger Answering Service said...

Hey, nice blog and great info!
Did some digging. Here's another article hurricane katrina
article hurricane katrina
site that people interested in article hurricane katrina
will be happy to find.
Come and check it out if you get time I would really appreciate it :-)

October 15, 2005 at 11:28 p.m.  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hello Chip Tijuana! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about free job search so I know I'm talking
about when I say yours is top-notch! Keep up the
great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please visit my site free job search
Best success!

November 21, 2005 at 10:46 a.m.  
Blogger James Baker said...

Hey Chip Tijuana, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about Job Recruiters.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
Job Recruiters
I wish you all the best!

November 22, 2005 at 12:50 a.m.  
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
UK Semiconductor Job
It covers UK Semiconductor Job related contents.
All the best!

December 29, 2005 at 5:54 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foг latest nеωs you have to νiѕit world wiԁe web and on world-widе-web I founԁ this websitе aѕ a finеst wеb sitе
foг lаtest updates.

Here is my blog Property for Sale

April 10, 2013 at 7:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home