Wednesday, September 22

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow...Go see it !

Last night I travelled to the great big city of Toronto to see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow with my friend Ian. Upon arriving I parked my car in the underground garage below his apartment at 345 Dufferin St. We took a TTC Streetcar to whichever street the Parmount theatres are on. From there we walked from King to Queen street. We gazed upon the CHUM building, looked around the Chapters book store.
After purchasing our tickets we ascended the incredibly steep escalator and entered our designated theatre to watch one of the most anticipated films this year.
We weren't disappointed. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow was one of the best films I've ever seen. I loved the stylized film noir look it had. The computer generated FX were outstanding, the action sequences were bold and fast paced, but easy to follow, the dialogue was snappy and funny without resorting to cliched comedic backup characters. And the best part of all, the military wasn't exclusively American!
Anyway, I'm not going to provide story or plot details. Just trust me, it's a great film, and it's worth seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home