Saturday, September 25

The old stompin' grounds...

Wednesday night my friend Jeff phoned me and asked if I could shoot and edit a video for him on Thursday. Seeing as Jeff lives in Thorold, outside St. Catharines, near Wellend where I went to school. I assumed he meant next Thursday. Nope. He meant the next day, which was two days ago.
So I agreed to make the two hour drive and do him this favour. I was planning on going to the Niagara Region anyway, and it gave me a chance to visit my old school.
Thursday morning I arrived at Niagara College with Jeff, and we met up with one of my former professors.
The video is for the Niagara College Foundation Seafood Gala. This is a gala, obviously, which is held to raise funds for scholarships. Jeff is volunteering this year because he worked on it for his PR class last year.
Anyway, I met up with one of my former teachers and he provided two volunteers from the third year television class to help me with the video. Thus making me the Director.
We signed out a DVC-Pro camera, a lighting kit, and the necessary excessories. And travelled around town taping shots and interviews for the video.
The video, is actually a taped invitiation / request for Oprah Winfrey to M.C. the gala, as well as provide tickets to her show as auction items.
It was incredible being back at the school and working with people who were in the program. I only bumped into two professors, but they both remembered me.
I didn't realize how much I missed my days in college until this. It makes me long for reunions.

5 Comments:

Blogger harvey said...

Hi great blog i must remember to bokmark you ... I have a horse racing blog myself I also have a new Online Auction to tell you about here RUBIES get yourself $35.00 worth of free Advertising RUBIES

October 12, 2005 at 12:41 a.m.  
Anonymous planning quick wedding said...

Hi Chip Tijuana...Wow! While I was searching for info on wedding planning tool I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding planning tool. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about wedding planning tool.

December 10, 2005 at 6:30 p.m.  
Anonymous wedding planning ontario canada said...

Hi there Chip Tijuana, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on florida wedding planning I ended up on your page. Obviously this post is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for florida wedding planning. Should the need ever arise where you need information on florida wedding planning then drop by for a look.

December 14, 2005 at 9:37 a.m.  
Anonymous uk wedding planning said...

Hi Chip Tijuana, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on planning quick wedding when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for planning quick wedding. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about planning quick wedding at the site above.

December 16, 2005 at 7:26 p.m.  
Anonymous catholic wedding planning said...

Hi Chip Tijuana, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on catholic wedding planning when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for catholic wedding planning. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about catholic wedding planning at the site above.

January 24, 2006 at 6:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home