Sunday, October 19

Slowly...slowly, getting back into the act

I'm in Ottawa right now, surfing the net on my friend / ex-roommate's Mac. I've been reading all the regular blogs, although I still have a few to go. I must say, Blamblog is still as interesting as it always is, and of course Sister, and ice Queen, and Crabby are wowing me like always. So after reading their posts I've been inspired to write one of my own.
I came up to Ottawa with two of my friends from my 3D Animation course to check out the Animation Festival, and to visit with my old roommate and friends in Ottawa.
So far we've spent the weekend roaming around downtown, having a few beers at local pubs and reminiscing about the old days. It's been a lot of fun. Ottawa is a great place to be during the fall season, and visiting friends is always a fun way to spend your time.
I read Blamb's review of Kill Bill, and I agree with him 100%. This fillm pulls no punches. It's good gracious me wacky wild and a real kick in the groin! i'm not sure about the whole Tarrantino Jesus Christ Superstar, as I've never seen Jesus Christ Superstar, but as soon as I have a chance to see it, then I'll pass judgement.
There are so many issues of the day lately, I've found that I don't have the passion to rant about them as I once did. Maybe I'm noticing that I have little to no effect on the outcome of world events, so I've decided to do as most others do, and just sit silently and watch the world pass me by. Or maybe I'm just too busy with some amazingly fun, complicated, and important school assignments, to take the time to write about my thoughts and feelings. I'm not sure what it is.
But I did manage to rant about something. I ranted about the movie Twister during the car ride to Ottawa.
I believe that Twister, is one of the worst films ever. It made no sense what so ever. I don't know why anyone would sympathize with the main characters. I don't care if Helen Hunt gets sucked into a whirling vortex and torn to shreds by a swirling mass of refuse. I mean, anyone stupid enough to purposely get really really close to a fucking tornado deserves whatever they get. And dammit, what kind of valuable scientific information can you possibly glean from a big funnel of air? They finally manage to get that big bucket of plastic balls, that look like the little containers that used to hold things like sticky hands that you got out of supermarket gum ball machines, into the air, and all they find out is that their computer is giving them a nifty looking graphic of a big swirl. Holy shit. How dumb are you, that you didn't know what a tornado looked like on the inside? What? You mean that big inverted cone of swirling air doesn't resemble a blueprint of the Starship Enterprise on the inside? Well I'll be damned! Oh, and during the climax of the film, they're running from an F5, the bad mother fucker or all tornados, and they decide to hide in a barn. Because there's NOTHING dangerous in a barn!!! Anyway, Twister sucked ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home