Wednesday, July 16

The Weekend

I had an amazing weekend. Friday evening I went to Ottawa to visit my ex-roommate. We ended up going downtown to the Bluesfest. There was live music, cheap drinks, and plenty of cool places to visit.
Saturday morning we went to the Hope Beach Charity Volley-ball tournament. Unfortunately the weather was kind of crappy so I decided to head out to the cottage my parents rent every year.
The weather at the cottage, about an hour and a half south and west of Ottawa, was much nicer. I managed to get some sun and had a nice steak dinner with my folks.
Sunday morning my God-Parents came to the cottage, so I abandonned the adults and went out to entertain my youngest brother and two of his friends that he brought with him.
Normally we borrow a motor for the boat that comes with the cottage, from a friend of the families, but because he wasn't there on Sunday, all we had was a large flat bottomed wood boat and some oars.
My brothers and his friends wanted to go to a rock wall that we jump off of into the lake, so I had to row the entire way. I'm not sure the actual distance but I'm sure the lake is at least as big or bigger than the campus of York University. (Most of my readers can identify with that).
Later that day, after I had rowed from one end of the lake to the other, and back again. The guy who lends us the motor came back from wherever he was, and we put it on the boat.
Once we had a motor it made everything a lot easier on me and my back! I'm still sore from all the rowing.
Sunday and Monday were so nice I decided to call in sick for Tuesday, and stay an extra day. Each day I spent with my brother and his friends climbing small cliffs and jumping into the lake. We also found a tarzan rope swing to play on too.
We had three camp fires. One on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. They were the first fires at the cottage all year. So far it's been a very dry season so there's been a fire ban. But last week it was very wet so the ban was lifted.
The only down side to being at the cottage was that I had to sleep on an air matress because there are only two rooms, and my parents and God-Parents had dibs on them.
That and my Mom snores really loud!
Anyway, time really flies when you're having fun. I would love to buy a cottage and spend as much time there as possible. I love swimming and fishing and camp fires and everything else about being at a cottage, well except maybe the bugs. But if you get a nice breezy evening the mosquitos kind of leave you alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home