Thursday, July 3

Mish-mash, junk n' stuff

Hello bloggers,

I had such a great long weekend. The weather was great, the lake was warm, and we found a small cliff to jump off of into the lake.
As you may have guessed, I ended up going to a cottage for the weekend. I had Monday off making it four days of outdoor fun.
It was definitely one of the best Canada Day weekends I've ever had. Last year I was at a cottage as well, but it wasn't quite as good, I didn't really like the people I went up with.
I ended up spending most of July 1st in the car though. My girlfriend and I went to Ottawa from the cottage to grab some more of our stuff from the apartment. But I did get to go for a nice swim when we got back.

I had a pretty good night last night as well. I fell asleep around 9:30 but awoke again at about 11:30 and decided to read a bit of the new Harry Potter book. When I looked at the clock it was 2:45 am. It's a very interesting read, and it really holds my attention. I'm not sure how much I like it in comparison to the other Potter novels, but so far I'm enjoying it. Needless to say, I'm exhausted this morning.

My girlfriend made me a 1960's mix CD. I love it. I'm really into the mellow music these days. Usually I like to have something soft in the car while I drive, it helps me control the road rage, but I'm beginning to like it in every day situations. I find that I'm losing my patience more often these days. I have a short fuse, and an equally short anger span, what I mean to say is that it doesn't take much to make me mad, but my rage only lasts a few moments. Fortunately soft mellow music helps keep it in check.

I'll probably be spending this coming weekend in Ottawa moving more of my stuff out of the apartment. If I don't go up this weekend, I'll be waiting until the last weekend in July, at which time I hope to get everything out, as well as paint one of the walls and clean the rugs. I don't want the apartment management to have anything to complain about.

I can't believe it's already July. It feels as though this year is going very quickly. Normally I've never noticed the passage of time, and when I have, it didn't really affect me, with the exception of my last year in highschool and my last year in college.
But for some odd reason I am feeling pangs of regret, I feel as though I haven't accomplished anything this year. Maybe it's because it's my first year out of school.
Luckily I'll be going back to school in September for a post graduate program in 3D animation. It should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home