Thursday, May 8

Bloggin'

There's so much to say and so little mind left to use. Where should I start?

How about America Day? This link was provided by Blamblog and Shocker. Go read what Dick Winston has to say about this article.

Personally I'm kind of sickened by the thought of celebrating America Day. I see no reason to pay homage to a country who's leader is illegally ruling the country, who has sunk their economy, declared war on another country based on skeptical and false evidence, who has shown little or no respect for global opinions and who may or may not have known about the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in advance. I'm not stating that Bush did know of the attacks, but there are many unanswered questions asked by Dick Winston, and others.

I also don't see the need to celebrate a day on the anniversary of the senseless and needless deaths of 3,000 civilians. That would be like celebrating the day Auschwitz was opened.

Furthermore, the U.S. doesn't celebrate Canada day, in response to our assistance during the September 11, 2001 attacks, or our trade relations. Hell, Bush didn't even thank Canada for it's assistance during the days following 9/11.

Dick Winston has some addresses which you can use if you'd like to write to the government concerning this proposed holiday.

Okay, I'm finished complaining about that. On to the next matter at hand. Has anyone ever read The Boys From Brazil by Ira Levin. It's an excellent book. I highly recommend it.

Oh, and while I'm recommending things, go see X-2 and bring your kids, or puppies, if applicable. It's an excellent film, the story is fairly basic, but the effects are fantastic, and the acting is superb.

I just received two recall notices for two cars in our motor vehicle fleet. The recall is for Driver Seat Recliner Bolts, that tend to break while you're sitting in the car. It's for 1998 to 2002 Chrysler Intrepid, Concorde, LHS and 300M passenger cars.

When I read the notice my first thought was, oh crap, now I have to deal with a recall. Then I thought to myself, 1998? What? So for almost five years people have been driving in cars with faulty driver seat recliner bolts? Bolts that may break, causing your seat to flop backwards while you're doing 120km/h on the 401? How long have they known about this problem? Are they just recalling them to avoid lawsuits? The notice says it should only take about 15 minutes to replace the bolts. So why didn't they just spend the extra 15 minutes when making the cars in the first place.

I will only buy foreign cars for the rest of my life. My parents own a Volvo, I have a Nissan, and my brother has a Mazda. If I were American, I might feel some sort of un-patriotic guilt. But I'm not, so I don't care. I'm proud of my non-North American vehicle.

What is up with reality television? How does a show like Mr. Personality make it on air? Have people not figured out that to win on Survivor all you have to do is threaten your fellow contestants? What is the amazing race? It doesn't seem so amazing to me.

That's all for now, please feel free to comment on something I've written.

Oh, one more thing, regarding comments. If I were to word my posts as chain letters from now on, and claim that if you don't comment and send the link to five friends, that you would get some sort of STD combo-pack disease, like Gono-herpa-syphal-AIDS, and die. Would you be more likely to comment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home