Friday, April 11

If you were a.... what kind of.... would you be?

Ice Queen raises an interesting question in my Comments box of The Price of Happiness.

She asked me which X-Man would I be if I could be an X-Man. She chose Jean Grey as Phoenix. There are many benefits to this choice. I decided on Wolverine or Collosus. My explanations were for the healing powers of Wolverine, and for Collosus' massive strength and he's bullet proof.

After some more thought I decided I would expand the subject.

If you were a Super Hero which one would you be?

So many heros, so many choices.

I've always been a huge fan of Batman. I think that the concept of a man devoting his life to becoming the best he can be at one particular subject (crime fighting in his case) is a noble idea. The draw backs are his lack of super powers and some serious mental baggage.

I also like Superman. The potential of almost unlimited power, the iconic image, and plain old greatness are some of his better aspects. Unfortunately these aspects are also what turns me against being Superman, he doesn't have many challenges, and he's too much of a celebrity.

The two heros in contention for "Chips Favourite Super hero" are Green Lantern and Dare Devil. Green Lantern offers some of the best powers available and many potential weaknesses, with less mental baggage than many of the darker characters in comics today. Dare Devil has a dark history, and in general has as many disadvantages to deal with as he has advantages. The ever present weakness (lack of sight) and compensating super senses provides the writers of Dare Devil with some of the best writing opportunities in comics today.

There are so many other great heros, The Flash, Captain America, The X-Men, The Fantastic Four, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Spider-man, and countless others.

So if you could be a super hero who would you be? If you don't want to be an existing super hero then what powers would you have, or what would you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home