Sunday, March 23

Latest...

I'm home this weekend so I haven't had much time to blog. I can't really think of anything to write about, so I'll just babble on for a few lines.
I went car shopping with my Mom yesterday. We stopped by the Volvo dealership and test drove an S40. It was a pretty nice car, it's got some great safety features. But the problem is, Volvo advertises a 5 year 160,000km warranty, but the fine print says it's for used cars only. The new cars only have 80,000km 4 year warranties. Also, if you lease a used car it's 9% but if you lease a new car it's 2.8%. So they get you comin' and they get you goin'.
Of course it all doesn't matter because it's a Volvo and I think it's worth it one way or the other.

My parents have CNN on all the time. I'm not a big fan of the American propaganda machine media, but my folks figure it will give them enough info.
I've seen all sorts of reports about "Coalition casualties". American's shooting down British planes, American soldiers fragging their fellow officers, Americans capturing Iraqis which turn out to be civilians, and car loads of reporters disappearing after being attacked by Iraqi soldiers.
This entire invasion has turned out to be on hell of a disorganized fiasco.

The other day a reporter interrupted my pro-wrestling television show to say; "Our worst fears have happened...." Ok, now I'm thinking Saddam had WMD and he's used them on the Americans, but she continues to say...."the Iraqis have set fire to their oil wells." Ok, now I'm almost on the floor laughing. Our worst fear? Sure GW, it's not about the oil is it? HA!

Anyway, this entire thing is so dumb, I hate the US government, and I'm kind of afraid to see what will happen next. It's kind of like a train wreck in that manner, you don't want to look, but you just can't tear yourself away.

One more thing, my brother bought a Gecko, and he might be naming it Osama, because supposedly they come from Afghanistan or somewhere in that region. He'll probably name it Gary though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home