Monday, February 24

How to lose a girl....in 10 seconds

This weekend I took my girlfriend to see one of the best romantic comedies I've ever seen. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days starring Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. The trailers for this film suggested that it would be somewhat of a Chick Flick. But to my great surprise and enjoyment, it wasn't. The basic premise is about a girl named Andie (Hudson) who works for a magazine, writing an article about the things women do to drive men away. So she decides to find a guy, start dating him, and then drive him away using typical girl tactics in 10 days. The guy she hooks up with, named Ben (McConaughey), on the other hand, is trying to win a bet that he can't get a girl to fall in love with him in 10 days. And hilarity ensues.
I would recommend this film to anyone who wants a good laugh. Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey have some great on screen chemistry, the story is well paced, and the over-all look of the film is satisfactory.
But before you invest money in learning how to lose a guy in 10 days, why don't you invest some time in learning my tactics on how to lose a girl in 10 seconds. Otherwise known as cheap pick up lines.
Feel free to leave your own in the comments section, my roommate Greg is always looking for help finding that next hot date!

1. You'll do. - This is the classic cocky guy line, it won't work, believe me, I've seen it attempted and failed dozens of times.
2. Girl, you must be tired, you've been running through my mind all night. - Classic Fresh Prince of Bel Air cheese, don't use it unless you look like Will Smith and have the bank roll to back it up.
3. Walk up to a table with two or more girls, find the one you would like to pick up, turn to a girl sitting beside her and say; "Hi there, do you like to dance?" Hopefully she'll respond with; "yeah, I do." and you will say; "good, because I'd like to sit in that seat while I talk to your friend." - This one can have many bad side effects, usually they both get up and leave, sometimes you get slapped.
4. Show me your tits! - This is a Greg classic. Go ahead, try it, I dare you.
5. Walk up to a girl and say; "Hi there, do you see my friend over there by the bar?" and point to someone you came to the bar with. (Note you must arrange to have this person in place before hand, and they must nod and smile when they see you point). Hopefully she'll say: "Yeah...." and you'll say; "Well, he was just wondering...uh...well he was wondering if you think I'm cute?" - This one is usually a good ice breaker, by making the girl think you're the go-between and you're trying to get her to dance with your buddy, you throw her off guard when you emphasize the "I'm cute" part. With any luck she won't just say - "Tell him I said, no, no I don't think you're cute."

Okay, these are just a few of the crappy pick up lines my friends and I have heard or used. Please add to the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home