Tuesday, January 14

Updates...

I apologize to my loyal readers for not having updated or posted on the weekend. Unfortunately for everyone, primarily for myself and my girlfriend, I was, and still am, ill. Despite my weakened condition I did manage to visit the National Art Gallery on Sunday during a brief lapse in my diseased condition. So I will add posts for Saturday, Sunday and Monday below...

Saturday

The great thing about weekends is the opportunity to do something that you want to do. I enjoy my Saturdays because I have no real commitments. I’m free to enjoy my video games, walking, shopping, watching television, playing on the internet, whatever I want to do. One of my weekend pleasures is my PS2. Taking time to play WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth. One of the coolest video games I’ve ever played. This game allows you to play as several current WWE Superstars in a variety of interactive story lines, as well as allowing you to create your own Superstars. I find that playing violent video games helps me to vent any pent up rage from a week full of rush hour driving. Maybe Blamb is right when he suggests walking as an alternative means of transportation.

Sunday

I woke up feeling pretty sick today. I didn’t stay out late last night, in fact my girlfriend and I ditched some friends of ours at a bar because I wasn’t really feeling well, so it’s not a hang over. My stomach is making odd noises and I feel very cold, despite a thermostat reading of 80 degrees. I have plans to go to The National Art Gallery today....(later that day...) Wow, contemporary art is a joke. I can’t believe they have a canvas that’s about 8 feet by 8 feet painted black with a yellow edge and they call it art. Or “Homage to the Square” is a bunch of green squares. The nerve of these so-called artists to be producing this trash and calling it art. One of my favourites was titled “Angst” and it was just a smearing of colours and black lines on a canvas, what a joke! I received several dirty looks from Gallery staff as I walked through the building making snide comments on the work. The Colonial, European, and Canadian exhibits were fantastic. A lot of stuff from the renaissance, some Renoir, and Picasso, someone named Durer did these wicked pen and ink drawings as well as engravings. My girlfriend, PixiStix, tried to teach me about different art periods but I can’t remember much of it. Not to say it wasn’t interesting, it’s just that I’m not good with terms.
Sunday evening we decided to venture into the unknown. We visited my girlfriend’s cousins house. A three bedroom farm house that she’s renting for $500 a month. There is a very good reason why this house is so inexpensive!!! It is a hole! Dirty carpets, dirty walls, creaky floors, broken appliances, hell the whole house is on a slant. It’s straight out of a bad Canadian horror movie or something, maybe it was the place they shot People Under the Stairs. I was so grossed out. Luckily it turns out the white trash cousin is adopted, so it’s not a flaw in my girlfriend’s gene pool.

Monday

EWWWW. I’m sick today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home