Friday, January 10

The New Year...

We’re ten days into the new calendar year and I don’t notice anything different. The U.S. is still waving their guns at Iraq. North Korea still has nuclear weapons. Canada is still over spending on its various idiotic attempts at governing our country. The snow is still cold. My work is still dull. Money is still the focus of everything we do.

With every passing day I hope for some sort of break through. A social or political uprising that will alter the very fabric of our existence. Sometimes I wish Tyler Durden would blow up all the computers that record our debt, causing society to crumble and allowing us to live in a world that isn’t burdened by the pathetic leeches that are currently in power. Other times I wish I had super powers so I could do good in this world. I would be able to feel the exhilarating rush of saving a life, or preventing chaos.

But then I just think about all the good things I have, all the aspects of my life that I don’t want to change. I have a great girlfriend, I enjoy the company of my roommate, I like bantering with my friend Seanie D, everything is comfortable. Chaos would bring too much hardship, and Superpowers too much responsibility.

Maybe something has changed, maybe I’ve changed, maybe I’ve begun to accept my fate and realize that I won’t ever be able to fly without man made assistance, and realize that, flawed as it is, our social structure is the best we can do at this time.

No. I don’t accept anything, I always ask questions and I will always be discontent with our governments and the power holders. Oh well, maybe next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home